Good afternoon Fashionsta’s
Who else is thinking.. “I can’t believe it’s only Tuesday, this week is never going to end” – Believe me, you’re not alone.
Mondays & Tuesday’s are the two days I usually find the hardest, they’re the ones right in the beginning of the week. I especially dread Mondays – the day after the weekend.
Although, there’s ways to get through the week, exercising, reading our blogs, and one of my personal favorites .. drinking a large hot coffee, and walking around downtown.
PEI is so beautiful – Charlottetown especially, it’s relaxing to walk downtown when the city lights are turned on, and the street’s are not crowded, it gives you time to look around, and realize how fortunate we are
to live on a beautiful island, where the people are friendly & are always offering welcomes filled with warmth.
So here’s a idea -
If your struggling to get through this work week, no matter the reasoning – take a walk downtown, breathe in the fresh air, & sip on your hot coffee, tea even hot chocolate.. whatever your personal preference is.. enjoy it.
As your walking around, look around & make sure you take in all of your surroundings.
If your not feeling up to walking around town, turn on your kettle, and create your own pick-me-up drink.
Two of my personal favorites are -
Spiced Orange Coffee
- 1 teaspoon fresh, grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 whole cloves
- Regular amount of your usual coffee or try Swiss Chocolate Orange flavored coffeeAdd the above ingredients together and brew as normal. Place a slice of orange at the bottom or your cup. Pour in coffee and add suger and cream to taste. Top with whipping cream and sprinkle with a dash of nutmeg and cinnamon if so desired.
Mint Cocoa Coffee
- 1 ounce of chocolate mint liquear
- Dash of shaved chocolate
- Whipping cream (optional)
- Regular coffee or try Dutch Chocolate Decaf flavored coffee
Brew your regular coffee, add the 1 ounce of liquear into your cup. Add some whipping cream if desired and sprinkle with shaved chocolate.
Enjoy the rest of the afternoon!